You don’t normally associate the word FREE with Disney but what many don’t know is that Disney does offer up some free fun for guests.
In 2012 and 2013 Magic Kingdom opened 2 interactive games that not many people know of yet. We’re here to tell you all about it. These games are fun for the entire family and is a great way to pass the time when wait times are just too long. Plus, you’ll walk away with some pretty cool souvenirs – FREE!
A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas
A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas is an interactive game located in Adventureland® Area. Each mission takes around 20 minutes to complete. You are given a paper pirate map and RFID-chipped cards that serve as your “magic talisman”. The objective is to help find all of the Treasures of the Seven Seas and fight off various enemies that you encounter along the way. There are 5 possible quests to play, so you can continue with the fun once you complete one quest. You will need your magic band, or you can make your way over to The Crow’s Nest and get your hands on a magic talisman. You won’t be able to read the 5 maps without them. You will then be able to help Jack complete each unforgettable mission. If you succeed in completing all the tasks and gaining the treasures, you’ll become an official pirate member of Captain Jack’s crew!
- Heads You Lose: Race against Captain Barbossa to steal the Treasure of the Pacific from a tribe of headhunters.
- Guardian’s Curse: Lure an evil British Captain into a trap and lay claim to the Treasure of the Indian Ocean.
- Haven Defense: Collect ingredients for a powerful spell to hide the secret Pirate port and reveal the Treasure of the Caribbean.
- A King’s Ransom: Follow Jack’s clues to locate a pirate ship where the Treasure of the Arctic is hidden.
- Blackbeard: Battle Blackbeard and win the Treasure of the Mediterranean.
Those of you brave enough to take on the 5 missions at hand—or hook—can collect a set of treasure finder cards!
As you cross off each task, simply locate a Cast Member at the entrance to receive a card for the mission in question. Then, after you collect all 5, you can even pick up a final completer card signed by Captain Jack Sparrow himself!
What to know before you go:
- Aspiring marauders can enlist in this activity up until 30 minutes before Adventureland closes.
- Use your MagicBand or card or pick up a magic talisman—a special card for this attraction—at The Crow’s Nest in Adventureland.
- Each of the 5 missions takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- Missions have no time limit. In addition, you can stop and restart each raid at your convenience throughout the day.
Sorcerers Of The Magic Kingdom
Cast Merlin’s magical spells throughout Magic Kingdom park to defeat the dastardly Disney Villains who get in your way! Learn how to thwart the forces of evil by becoming Merlin’s apprentice sorcerer!
Embark on an interactive scavenger hunt to halt Hades in his tracks. The Greek god of the Underworld must retrieve 4 missing shards to reassemble Merlin’s Crystal of the Magic Kingdom and make the park his new summer home. He’s enlisted a brigade of Disney baddies—Yzma, Cruella, Scar, Jafar, Maleficent, Ursula, Ratcliffe and Dr. Facilier—to help track down the fragments, which are hidden throughout the park. It’s up to you to foil their takeover attempts!
Stop by the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A. for everything necessary to begin 9 exciting quests, including a Sorcerer Key Card, Merlin’s mystical map, spell cards and training on how to unlock Magic Portals and defeat the dastardly evildoers.
Use the clues on Merlin’s map to locate 20 Magic Portals situated throughout Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland and along Main Street, U.S.A. Upon arriving at the first Magic Portal, hold up your Sorcerer Key Card to unlock and gain access—one of Hades’ henchmen will pop up prepared for battle!
Present a spell card to crush the creep; once victory is yours, move on to the next Magic Portal. Different Disney pals will also appear to guide you along your way. Your challenge is to eliminate each Portal’s outlaw by presenting the right spell card or combination of cards—some scoundrels are tough, so it may take several spells to triumph. After annihilating his minions, you’ll be spell-to-spell with Hades himself!
Finish as many missions as you wish—the keepers of the Magic Kingdom are grateful for your help! Merlin will appear in the final portal, welcoming you to the ranks of “Master Sorcerer” upon completing the full game. Hold onto your wizard wands and get ready for spellbinding adventures at every turn!
What to know before you go:
- Sign up for the game at the Firehouse at Main Street, U.S.A.
- Players will receive one map and pack of spell cards per day.
- Missions last from 20 to 30 minutes, sometimes longer depending on degree of difficulty.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is included in your theme park admission.
The cards and maps from these games have proven to be popular collector’s items as fans try to collect as many as they can. So on your next visit to Magic Kingdom don’t forget to try these out and don’t forget to read our tips before you do!