Christmas is the Orlando area is simply spectacular. It sparkles with magic and cheer! Holiday traditions and joyful celebrations transform Orlando into a Christmas wonderland. Here is your ultimate guide to Orlando holiday events.
Disney Springs Christmas Events
Disney Springs is always on our list when visiting Orlando. But the magical decor during the holidays makes it extra special. Disney Springs offers a variety of seasonal entertainment during the Holiday Season.
From November 8th 2018 to January 6th 2019
- Christmas Tree Trail– From November 8, 2018 through January 6, 2019, discover 27 holiday trees—each inspired by a Disney character or theme like Mary Poppins, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, among others. New this season is Star Wars and Toy Story.
- Santa’s ChaletCelebrate the spirit of the season during an enchanting visit with Santa Claus—at the Disney Springs Marketplace from Nov 28-December
- Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt– Solve clever clues to help everyone’s favorite galactic rascal track down gifts for his ‘ohana.
There’s plenty of live entertainment, carolers, stilt walkers, holiday sweets and treats, a live dj and dance party.
Magic Kingdom explodes with holiday magic & cheer during Christmas. No other park sparkles quite like this.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
22 select nights November 8th to December 21st 2018
Join family, friends & Mickey too for an oh-so-jolly holiday celebration! It’s the party of all parties during Christmas in Orlando. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is packed with live entertainment, a spectacular festive parade, a new fun, musical stage show and an explosion of thrilling fireworks.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish
Every night, Anna, Kristoff and the irrepressible Olaf join Queen Elsa on stage where she uses her icy powers to transform the Castle into a glistening ice palace.
- Jingle Cruise
Jungle Cruise is transformed for the Holidays into a holly jolly Christmas cruise. All the regular props sprinkled with holiday cheer. Even the boats get new names.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
This parade is exclusively for guests attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Celebrate the season with Disney friends as they stroll by in a festive procession featuring jolly St. Nick on his sleigh.
- Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Season
The Holiday fireworks are reserved for guests attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
We’ve highlighted Magic Kingdom, but there’s lots of other holiday events going on at the other Disney resorts and you can see them all here.
Universal Orlando unwraps a resort wide celebration. Experience Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley are transformed with holiday cheer. Treat yourself to Universal’s Holiday Macy’s Parade and watch the live retelling of Dr. Seuss’ classic holiday tale starring the Grinch in the Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular. Holiday events run from November 17th 2018 to January 6th 2019.
Universal Studios Florida
- Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s
Merry and Mayhem combine as the Minions join Santa Claus in an incarnation of Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s, a holiday favorite that also features characters from Madagascar and Shrek.
- Mannheim Steamroller The best-selling holiday artist of all time visits Universal Studios as Mannheim Steamroller returns for live performances.
- Blues Brothers Holiday Show is a hit with all ages with songs like ‘Santa Claus is Coming to Town’ and ‘Blue Christmas’.
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley Diagon Alley is transformed with festive décor & lighting
Islands of Adventure
- The Grinchmas Holiday SpectacularExplore Seuss Landing™, filled with the Christmas charm and cheer of Who-ville. Delight in The Grinchmas™ Who-liday Spectacular, a live retelling of the classic holiday tale starring The Grinch™. Plus, meet the maven of mischief himself for an autograph and photo.
- The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast
Choose from irresistible entrees and get your camera ready. The Grinch™ himself will make the rounds, stopping to pose for photos and share hilariously snarky small talk. Reservations
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
With its buildings already covered in snow it’s the perfect backdrop for its holiday transformation. Don’t miss Hogwarts Castle fabulously lit by a projection-mapping show.
December 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22-31 2018
Thousands of LEGO and DUPLO bricks create a 30-foot-tall Christmas tree with dancing lights and songs on until December 25th. Build Lego trees, mail a letter to Santa and don’t miss the nightly 3D fireworks!
This jolly time of year features a combination of seasonal shows, special treats, twinkling lights and more during Christmas Bricktacular and Kids’ New Year’s Party! These events are included in general admission – no extra ticket required.
Christmas in Celebration Florida
November 24th through Dec 31st 2018 Celebration, Florida is the town that Disney built. Now Snowing, Central Florida’s original and premier “Snowing” event, offers one of the area’s only synthetic ice rinks, special community performances by some of the area’s top young talent, and special concert events throughout the season. Now Snowing is a month-long Winter Wonderland Spectacular featuring strolling Charles Dickens style Carolers, photos with Santa, horse drawn carriage rides, ice skating, train rides, and nightly snowfall at 6:00, 7:00, 8:00 and 9:00 PM. It’s a true throwback to the traditional family style holiday. Festivities kick off on Nov 24 with the Tree Lighting Ceremony from 5.30 – 9.00pm.
The main event is the nightly “snowfall” Who says it doesn’t snow in Florida? Nightly Snowfalls are at 6.00, 7.00, 8.00 and 9.00 pm.
There’s also Santa in his chalet, horse drawn carriage rides, and the Celebration Express Train.
The Celebration Holiday Home Tour is held December 1st 2018 from 3-9 p.m. and December 2nd 2018 from 1-5 p.m. This self-guided tour takes visitors on a journey through several of the town’s fabulously decorated homes. Visitors can enter each home to see beautiful decorations and custom New Urbanism architecture by the Walt Disney Company. Visitors will also enjoy extravagantly decorated trees and tablescapes in the expanded Winter Wonderland.
November 16th 2018 to January 6th 2019
ICE! is back at Gaylord Palms with an all-new theme featuring the beloved classic holiday movie A Christmas Story. Watch this hilarious family tale come to life through interactive ice sculptures and displays. Experience iconic scenes such as The Old Man’s Major Award, Aunt Clara’s pink nightmare and the ultimate triple dog dare at the school’s flagpole. Everything is hand-carved from two million pounds of ice.
- ICE! Featuring A Christmas Story
- Dreams of Christmas Light Show
- Cirque Dreams Unwrapped
- Atrium Christmas Tree Trail
- Frostbite Factory
- Alpine Rush Snow Tubing
- Santa’s Snow Throw
- Photo’s with Santa
- Claus Christmas Traditions and Story Time Sing-a-long
Nightly throughout December
More than 3 million twinkling holiday lights will ignite the night sky at Wickham Park. The Spac Coast Lightfest is a holiday themed drive through event. This event attracts over 15,000 cars. Over 2.7 million twinkling lights create this dazzling wonderland.
When: From 6.30pm to 10pm November 19th 2018 – January 1st 2019
Where: Melbourne, Florida
Nov 3 – Dec 30 – Polar Express Train Ride
Dec 1- Dec 2 – Mount Dora Holiday Homes Tour
Dec – Thurs/Fri/Sat – Mount Dora Food Tours
Daily in December:
- Mount Dora Christmas Lights Tour
- Mount Dora Christmas Light Cart Tour
- Take the Polar Express from Tavares train station to the North Pole.
- Rusty Anchor Christmas Lights on the Lake Tour – twice nightly.
Photo credit: Disney Photo Snapper, Universal